The new Boat Timer update for 2021 will be released later this week.
Upgrades are automatic. When you open the app after the update it is downloaded in the background. The second time you open, the upgraded app will be available.
This release is a significant upgrade bringing a number of new features, including the new Cloud Services for online entries and results.
A detailed guide to this release is available on the main Boat Timer page. Here is a summary of some of the new features:
- App Sync – Boat Timer data is saved to the cloud
- Online Entry – Sailors can enter races online
- Online Results – Race and Series/Event results immediately available on the web
Cloud Services will be available to sailing clubs for £25 per month (or equivalent in local currency).
- Auto-Add Online Entry Requests – add online entries to the race
- Average Points – average points can be assigned for series/event results
- Auto-Sync – sync to the cloud can be manual or automatic
- Event Options – scoring system and race discards controls for online results tables