Following the release of the Signals app for Android last week, the version for laptops and desktops (ie Windows and Macbooks etc) is now here!
Signals is a free app that provides countdown and start signal automation for sailing races. It can connect to a relay via a USB cable to switch a horn on and off or connect to a micro-controller (such as an Arduino). The Arduino can also control a horn via a relay, but because the Arduino is programmable you can make it do anything you like, such as controlling lights and displays.
So if you are making a race sound system for your sailing club, you can use Signals to automate some of the sounds.
Get the new Signals Desktop App here :
Signals in action…
More about the Signals app
- It doesn’t need an internet connection to work
- The standard sequences of 10-5-Go and 5-4-1-Go are available
- A training sequence of 3-2-1-Go is also available
Only on the Signals Desktop App (not on Android):
- The sequences can be changed
- Courtesy signals are also available (shorter warning sounds before a main signal)
More information is on the main Signals page.